Apart from the paper and masking tape, everything you need for this project is available from us right here at 'The Little Welsh Dresser'
You will need
- Masking tape
- One of our patterned paint roller designs
- Chalk Paint™
- Lampshade kit - we have these in 20cm, 30cm and 40cm diameters to suit
- If using plain fabric, you can dye this first using Chalk Paint™. Simply soak in a watered down mixture for at least 30 minutes, then rinse, dry and iron to set the dye. I used Aubusson Blue Chalk Paint™ and used a ratio of approximately 1 paint to 20 water.
- Use the masking tape to tape the fabric tightly to ideally a wall, or if you're careful this is possible on a table.
- Pour a small amount of the Chalk Paint™ in to a paint tray or board and roll the patterned paint roller applicator foam back and forth until it has absorbed the paint. You can dilute the Chalk Paint™ and little to make this absorb more easily.
- Insert your chosen patterned roller into the applicator and turn it to cover the pattern.
- Have a little practice on some old wrapping paper or wallpaper first, just to get used to giving consistent pressure.
- When your confident, start on the left had side of the fabric, working in vertical columns, and run the roller down the fabric. Hold the roller at a 45° to the wall or board throughout and keep an even pressure.
- On the next 'column', slightly overlap the pattern and repeat this until all the fabric has been completed.
- Leave to dry and then use the instructions in the lampshade kits we sell to complete your lampshade. You can view a video of the lampshade kits being made by clicking HERE.