Do Pause: You are not a To Do list
Do Pause: You are not a To Do list Robert Poynton
Machines are designed to run constantly; people aren’t. Our coping mechanisms are meditation apps, weekend breaks and annual holidays, but things soon revert. To prosper, we need a more sustainable approach — an ability to pause.
Do Pause looks at the importance of this subtle yet powerful idea to communication, creativity, relationships — as well as our wellbeing and sanity. With practical tools to help you create new habits or make more significant lifestyle choices, you’ll discover ways to:
- Reset and regenerate
- Deepen your thinking and experiences
- Take back control of your time
- Reconnect with other people — and yourself
From taking a breath to taking a sabbatical, a pause can be many things. And the good news is, even just a small pause every now and again can make a real and lasting difference.
- Second book from Robert Poynton, author of Do Improvise
- Timely and much needed, a new approach to coping with the day-to-day
- Includes practical tools to help us integrate pause
- Features original colour photography by Jim Marsden