Do Make - The power of your own two hands.
Do Make - The power of your own two hands. James Otter
We are all makers. From brewing our morning coffee to folding a paper aeroplane, we find it satisfying to create something that didn’t exist before. And it isn’t just about the outcome. Making requires us to slow down and become absorbed in the process: an antidote to our fast-paced world.
James Otter is an award-winning wooden surfboard maker with a passion for craftsmanship — and the ocean. In Do Make, he invites us to rediscover the joy of making. By using our hands to transform natural materials into objects of beauty and utility, we reconnect with our creativity, our environment, and back to ourselves. Learn about:
• Preparation: what to make, where and how to get started
• Process: learn to trust it and let go of perfection
• Power: develop confidence in your natural skills and ability
With incredible photography, plenty of encouragement and even a ‘how to’ guide to make your own handplane to take bodysurfing, Do Make reminds us that nothing quite beats the feeling of having made something with our own hands.
Isn’t it time to make your mark on the world?
- James Otter, an award winning Cornish wooden surfboard maker shares his philosophy, passion and practical tips
- A comprehensive guide that takes you through the process of making
- Full colour photography throughout