- Do Sing - Reclaim your voice. Find your singing tribe
Do Sing - Reclaim your voice. Find your singing tribe
Do Sing - Reclaim your voice. Find your singing tribe James Sills
'When you sing with two or three other people and you get it right – everything lifts a couple of feet off the ground.' Graham Nash
Singing is one thing, but singing together is something else. Powerful and uplifting, group singing creates deep human connections and benefits our wellbeing. And it's fun.
Vocal leader James Sills believes that group singing has the power to change lives. It is a joyful expression of our humanity that gives us purpose, encourages us to be fully present, and helps foster social bonds.
In Do Sing, James invites us to reflect on our own singing journey and asks: was there a time when you stopped singing, or were told you couldn't sing? Do certain songs trigger happy memories?
With exercises to help unlock your voice, improve breathing, release tension, and a few simple songs to get you started, Do Sing will help you to overcome (often deep-rooted) inhibitions and reawaken a love of singing.
Do Sing is a welcome remedy to the challenges of modern life – and an invitation to experience the joy of group singing for yourself.
- Written by the founder of global online choir, The Sofa Singers
- An inspiring look at the life-changing magic of group singing
- Includes simple vocal and breathing exercises to improve technique and help overcome barriers
- Brings together anecdotal and scientific evidence for the benefits of singing